Go back to normal view
There is a peal of eight bells, rung regularly by an enthusiastic team of ringers. Visiting ringers come from all over the country to ring our bells.
There is strong evidence that three bells were here in the 17th Century at the time of Charles II. In 1883 the three bells were removed and included into a recast ring of six and it is interesting to note that the date of 1670 was cast onto the third bell, indicating that it was commemorating the date found on the heaviest of the earlier bells.
In 1926 the peal was augmented to eight by the addition of two treble bells. The tenor weighs 12 1/2 cwt and has a diameter of 40 1/2 inches.
The Bell Captain is Renfree Stephens: email@example.com
Photo: Courtesy Lindy Van Welie